Enterprise Knowledge (EK) is hiring for a full-time Data Specialist to join our growing Information Management Consulting Practice who will support various teams responsible for designing cutting-edge data discovery, integration, and data governance solutions for a wide range of companies around the world.
This position would be ideal for a technical data specialist who is passionate about applying new technologies to solve today’s complex data issues. The specialist must be able to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to business challenges at large financial services organizations and federal agencies.
The ideal consultant will possess experience working on business intelligence projects, developing reporting and data visualizations, and querying data using SQL or other languages.
Additionally, the consultant will be using their experience working with data subject matter experts and business users to effectively understand and model their domain of knowledge in more integrated ways, so they can better make use of their data resources.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, economics, data science, computer science, or related field.
- 1 – 2 years experience working on data analysis project(s) designing reports and designing data visualizations.
- Proven experience working directly with clients, providing briefings, facilitating meetings, and presenting work products.
- Some experience and familiarity with data modeling, data silo integration, and database architecture projects
- Interest in developing as a consultant and taking on additional responsibilities for delivering and growing work.
- EK does business with the federal government, which restricts employment to individuals who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience developing SQL or SPARQL queries for data projects.
- Experience designing and working with relational databases.
- Experience designing and working with graph databases.
- Experience designing ontologies, and working with ontology management tools (Smartlogic Semaphore, PoolParty, Synaptica, Mondeca, etc.)