Enterprise Knowledge is hiring for a full-time Research Librarian to join our growing Federal Consulting Practice. As with all of our positions, we are seeking independent thinkers with exceptional communications skills, both written and oral. This position demands a deep understanding of research and information technology solutions and excellent analysis and consulting skills.
As an EK consultant, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and build our innovative startup culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Inc Magazine’s 2018 Best Places to Work in the U.S.!
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have Masters’ in Library Science (MLS)
- At least 4 years experience performing providing library reference support.
- Demonstrated experience using electronic reference tools (WESTLAW, EBSCOHost, DIALOG) and technical services resources (OCLC) Knowledge of online bibliographic records.
- Experience assisting library patrons with the use of online public access catalogs.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Windows, word processing and other office software applications.
- EK does business with the federal government, which restricts employment to individuals who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in legal and legislative research, including the ability to prepare current and retrospective legislative histories.
- Reference work experience in military libraries.
- Perform original research and reference support to faculty, staff, students, and senior leaders.
- Conduct reference interviews, research on sources, tools, and innovations to recommend enhancements to the DAU Knowledge Repository/Library.
- Market library services.
- Assists and trains library users how to use the library subscription databases and the online catalog and to do effective research using the open internet.
- Prepare instructional lessons, materials, and media as necessary. Teaching sessions will be recorded and broadcast on the internet, via live video teleconferencing or other electronic media.
- Perform charge, discharge, renew and hold operations at circulation desk using Symphony.
- Create patrons and edit patron records.
- Help library patrons using the self-check machine, the reading room and equipment.
Process inter-library loans via OCLC.
- Identify needed updates to content on the library’s internet and intranet sites.
Compose content relevant to client mission.
- Compile and report on the metrics/statistics for the library’s research and reference services.
- Assist faculty with special projects involving library resources.
- Assist library patrons in the use of all digital resources.
- Create and maintain documentation related to all duties.