Enterprise Knowledge (EK) is hiring a full-time senior software developer to join our growing Technology Solutions team within our Knowledge Management Consulting Practice. As with all of our positions, we are seeking independent thinkers with exceptional problem-solving skills.
The developer will be part of a team working on cutting-edge projects like developing a search user interface that runs on a graph database using semantic capabilities to tag and categorize the content.
This is a great opportunity for a developer looking to learn new cutting-edge technologies like: graph databases, semantic taxonomy/ontology development, and open-source search engines, while working with a great team and impressive clients. The work will be done out of our Arlington based office.
As an EK consultant, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and build our innovative startup culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Inc magazine’s Best Workplaces!
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Significant PHP or Python experience
- Solid experience using PHP or Python to create and consume web services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with MySQL queries and database design
- Working knowledge of GIT or other version control software
- Strong knowledge of one or more Object Oriented Programing or Functional Programming languages
- Experience configuring apache web servers/nginx
- Comfortable with Linux commands and working on RHEL/Fedora/Ubuntu systems
- Experience throughout application lifecycle from design to support
- Strong people and communication skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal, SiteCore, WordPress, etc.)
- Experience with document management systems (Alfresco, Nuxeo, etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with search engines (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms similar to AWS or equivalent