Enterprise Knowledge is hiring for a full-time consultant to join our growing taxonomy and knowledge management consulting practice. As with all of our positions, we are seeking independent thinkers with exceptional communications skills, both written and oral. This position demands excellent “front of the house” consulting skills. The Taxonomy and Ontology Designer will be responsible for an array of tasks including leading the design and development of an enterprise taxonomy/ontology for global organizations, helping to develop and deliver taxonomy and content governance plans, reviewing existing taxonomies, ontologies, and metadata schemas, providing critical reviews of client websites and information systems, and leading the development of Enterprise Knowledge taxonomy consulting deliverables.
The ideal candidate will also possess proven experience working on intranet and knowledge base design and implementation efforts.
As an EK consultant, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and build our innovative startup culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2018!
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years designing and managing taxonomies, thesauri, and/or ontologies
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Library Science, or related field
- Proven experience working directly with clients, providing briefings, facilitating meetings, and presenting work products
- Interest in developing as a consultant and taking on additional responsibilities for winning and delivering work
- Familiarity with taxonomy and thesauri standards including ANSI/NISO Z.39.19 and ISO 25964
- Familiarity with interoperability standards including SKOS (Simple Knowledge Organization System), RDF (Resource Description Framework), and OWL (Web Ontology Language)
- EK does business with the federal government, which restricts employment to individuals who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or higher in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Library Science, or related field
- Experience with taxonomy or ontology management tools (Smartlogic Semaphore, PoolParty, Synaptica, Mondeca, etc.)
- Experience in developing low-fidelity wireframes using Balsamiq, Adobe XD, InDesign, etc.
- Experience with usability testing and user experience optimization using Optimal Workshop
The Taxonomy and Ontology Designer will be responsible for an array of tasks including:
- Leading the design and development of an enterprise taxonomy for a global consulting company and/or financial clients
- Helping to develop and deliver taxonomy and content governance plans
- Reviewing existing taxonomies and metadata schemas
- Providing critical reviews of client websites and information systems
- Leading the development of Enterprise Knowledge taxonomy consulting deliverables