Enterprise Knowledge (EK) is hiring a full-time entry level Technical Support Specialist to join our growing Technology Solutions team. As with all of our positions, we are seeking independent thinkers with exceptional problem-solving skills.
The Technical Support Specialist will be part of a team working on cutting-edge projects leveraging semantic web and artificial intelligence technology to improve the use and reuse of knowledge assets.
This is a great opportunity for an entry-level technical candidate who wants to learn new cutting-edge technologies like: semantic taxonomy/ontology development, graph databases, and open-source search engines, while working with an international team and impressive clients. The work will be done out of our Arlington, VA office.
As an EK consultant, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and build our innovative startup culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Washington Business Journal and Inc magazine’s Best Workplaces!
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience working in a team
- A working knowledge of computer systems and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to defined processes, but also to analyze processes and suggest improvements
- Demonstrated initiative and proactiveness
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience managing help desk issues and tickets in Jira
- Experience deciphering system errors through the review of log files
- Familiarity with command line for browsing and updating files
- Experience using Postman or other tools to set up and test API calls
- Ability to write basic queries to analyze or update data
- Knowledge and/or experience in agile software development
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline, coupled with a proven ability to solve problems
The Technical Support Analyst will be trained on and assist with a wide range of technical projects which integrate with semantic web solutions. Tasks will include:
- Providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to semantic web technologies;
- Responding to queries submitted via the Jira ticket system within a specified time to respond;
- Following defined processes for responding to queries or escalating queries as appropriate;
- Asking questions to determine the nature of the problem;
- Replicating reported issues in a local system; and
- Providing clients with the correct previously written technical documentation which provides insight into their query.